Steamboat Animal Hospital
We Give The Care, You Get The Love
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Class IV Laser TherapyA Class IV Laser emits a concentrated light beam that stimulates the cell and tissue growth and repair. It reduces damaging inflammation thereby helping to minimize pain and increasing healing potential. It can help patients with a variety of conditions ranging from painful arthritis to ear infections and wound healing. Please call us for more...
UltrasoundAlthough humans and animals are different in many ways, some advances in human medicine are also very useful for veterinary patients. One of these advances, diagnostic ultrasound, has proven to be a powerful tool in veterinary medicine. As a practice, one of our goals is to offer state-of-the-art medicine and diagnostic testing; so we are...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
- I've taken all of my animals here, those who have passed and the fur babies I have now. There hasnt been time that I felt disappointed with them in anyway and have continued to meet my expectations as a caring vet. Thank you!
- This place and crew is amazing. My mom's elder cat needed to be put to sleep and they were able to get us in. They were so nice and accommodating for my mom.